Decoupage (like Mod Podge)
Printed materials from family trips, plays, activities, etc.
Optional items: Paint or fabric
Parental supervision is required
- Place your shoe box on a piece of wax paper to protect the surface you are working on.
- With scissors, cut pieces of your printed materials into different shapes and sizes, cut out enough pieces to cover the outer surface and lid of your memory box.
- Using the paint brush, brush a small section of the shoe box with decoupage and place one of your cut-outs onto the decoupaged surface. Then, lightly brush the top of your cut-out with more decoupage medium.
- Add a bit more decoupage to a small section of your shoebox box, place another memory piece onto the decoupaged area, and brush the top of your cut-out with decoupage. Continue the process by adding decoupage to the box and slightly layering your memory pieces, decopaging over each until the entire box and lid are covered.
- Optional: Paint or line the inside of the memory box with fabric.
- Allow your box and lid to dry completely.
- Clean-up and enjoy your custom made memory box!
Have questions? Tips, tricks and answers to your decoupage questions: http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/decoupage/a/012201a_4.htm
Image courtesy of pinterest.com